Saturday 5 January 2013

Newspaper Advert Production



Many pictures we taken to use for our print ad.


The original picture of the coin

                                            

The original picture of the cow

                                           



               
Magic Pencil Tool was used on Photoshop, to cut out only his head

 
Magic Pencil Tool was again used, to cut out around the pound coin


I took the original picture off the coin by using the Clone Stamp Tool and painting over the design

As the painting was taking a while to do, once I had done a fair amount of cloning, I used the Lasso Tool, to select a particular part of the clone.

I then copied the part that I selected and pasted it several times until it filled the whole coin and then looked like this.


Once I had imported the cow onto the coin, I used the Elliptical Marqee Tool to put a circle around the coin, just to remove the rough edges and make it look smoother.

However, I cut off some of the cow's ear whilst using the Magic Pencil Tool, so I had to start again.

Once improving the cows head, this is what it looked like.

The coin still didn't look real, so I had to emboss the cow layer. However the Emboss tool made the head look silver, so I made an extra layer, and made it a transparent gold colour, to blend in the colour of the cow into the gold coin.

This was the original layout of the print advert, however leaving the background white didn't follow the codes and conventions of a BBC1 newspaper advert.



Initially we used gold block graphics for the writing. However it seemed to take away attention from the main image, which is what we wanted me to pay most attention to.

There were many different ways to lay out the advert:







The Final Design was decided as this:

No comments:

Post a Comment